History of Fordhouses Cricket Club – Key Landmarks and interesting facts
Fordhouses Cricket Club (FCC) was formed on 2 April 1927. Due to the lack of support accorded to Bushbury Church Cricket Club, it was decided to ask the Squire of the ‘village’ of Fordhouses to take over their assets and form a new cricket club. The Squire’s son R.J.Moreton, had recently resigned from Wolverhampton Cricket Club following a dispute with the Selection Committee. At the first recorded meeting of the new club ‘RJM’ was elected President, Treasurer and Captain! He then persuaded his father to provide a field near Springfield Cottage, where the first Fordhouses match was played on 18 May 1927.